THESE ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN WESTERN (BLUE COLOR) AND ASIAN (RED COLOR) CULTURE.
1. POINT OF VIEW
They always go straight to the point. Example, in Europe if a guy falls in love with a girl, he will say "I love you" then I kiss you. But in Asia...: "Do you see the weather today is so nice? And the dress you are wearing is so pretty. You look beautiful today and suddenly i feel falling in love with you" bla bla bla....Sounds weird? But I swear, this is true :D Different pick-up skills.
THEY... live independently but WE...are a family, we are a team, we are...the world. We love family gathering, living in a big family. Nothing is wrong with that, it's just hard for a Westerner to get along with an Asian family at first :D
3. ON TIME
THEY say 12pm is 12pm. WE say 12pm means...around from 11.45am to 12.10pm sometimes even 12.30pm. Perhaps their times is made of metal, ours is made of rubber, so it can extend.
4. COMMUNICATION CHANNEL
WE sometimes make simple things become more complicated because of the way we communicate. Example, we want to criticize the person A, we don't talk to them directly. We will talk to the person B, then the person B talks to the C, C talks to D....Then finally D talks to A but it's not 100% accurate like what we want talk to A anymore. Thus, misunderstanding arises....So, a Westerner might question "Why can't you just tell a person directly what is right or wrong with them?", an Asian says "It's rude to criticize someone unless you are very close to that person or else they will get hurt. Worse scenario, they don't want to be friend with you anymore because Asian people tend to take it personal and longer time to forget".
5. ANGER When THEY are angry, they express the anger. When WE are angry at someone, WE hide it inside and smile "No, It's OK. It doesn't matter". How generous we are! lolzzzz....In fact, inside our heart, we hate them like shit! Hahahaa
6.QUEUING UP This is already improved in our countries. But some other countries, they still prefer queuing up like a bubble team.
7. EGO Well, I feel this is not really accurate because nowadays, the ego of Asian people tend to become bigger especially MEN EGO (sorry, I didn't mean criticizing here or complaining).
8. STREET AT THE WEEKEND
This might not be true coz I guess everywhere the shopping center, streets will get crowded in the weekend. IT doesn't matter in Asia or American.
9. IN THE PARTY
They gather in a small group of 2, 3 or 4 people to have a chat. We want to be in big circle with everyone.
10. MUSIC IN THE RESTAURANT Have you come across with this experience while you go to a restaurant, a coffee house, you have to shout at each other coz the music is too loud? I do. :D
11. CAUSE OF STOMACH ACHE
THEY like fast food and coke drink, WE always drink TEA. So it might not be good for the stomach too if you drink all the time.
12. TOURISM THEY enjoy all the touristy places they've been by their eyes, WE enjoy it by all the photos we take and view them at....HOME later. Lolz, so funny!
13. PRESENTATION SKILL
In the meeting, THEY dare to look at the mistakes and get over it. We try to avoid it as much as possible coz WE don't want to hurt others in a group. Or if we talk about it, we will say "There is 1 mistake over here, but it's not our fault"
14. THREE MEALS IN A DAY
THEY prefer 2 cold and 1 hot meal. Our food have to be always hot. That's why people love steamboat I think, lolz...
15. TRANSPORTATION From year 1970 to 2006. Is it true? :D
16. OLD PEOPLE'S LIVES
No wonder, my parents already talked about marriage and having children to me. Lolz.
17. BATHING TIME This one depends on individual. I take bath twice in a day, in the morning before I go to work and at night before I go to bed. Some people prefer cleanliness, they can take bath 2-3 times a day, in the morning, afternoon and evening but some don't even have once. So can't judge the whole community.
18. WEATHER VS. MOOD
To THEM, Boss is a friend. To US, Boss is a Big Boss.
20. TREND Perhaps, due to the globalization, many Western people learn how to use chopsticks and love Asian foods whilst Asian people start using fork and knife and eat spaghetti.
To THEM, Children is a small citizen who is waiting time to grow up. To US, Children is the Center of everythings: Attention, Care, Love, Foods, Needs, Wants, etc...
22. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, HOW THEY THINK ABOUT EACH OTHER?
Lolz, next post, should I write about the marriage between Europe guy and Asian gal? :D Although there are a lot of contradictions between Western and Asian people, but you can't deny that nowadays, there are many couples who come from totally different cultures fall in love with each other. Many Europe guys love Asian girls and vice versa, maybe it's something new. Don't believe? Proof is here :D
Just a short post to cheer everyone up after a whole tiring week. Have a good weekend all!