Reason for attending? Well, I must confess that the only reason attracts me at first to attend this party is the pink theme. Everyone knows me in real or from my blog know i love pink. Seriously! How good to be surrounded with all the pink stuffs! Am thrilled! ^_^
The party will start from 8.30pm to 10.30pm with so many happening things: fashion show, Magic Show, Pole-dancing performances, freebies, etc...Omg! *Faint*
So, any girl who is free on this Saturday MUST join this party!
There are only limited tickets up for grab so be hurry to secure your entry :) I wish to see all you girls there in pink and we'll do a massive pink camwhore session, lolz....
Those girls/ aunties/ wives/ mommies who are busy with other things on that date, who don't really like pink that much, who don't even care or have time to care much about your own body, you MUST attend this event too!
There is another reason which makes me feel more eager to attend this party is not only because of the pink stuffs but also a lesson about the thing called "Cervical Cancer"
"What the hell is that?" I talked to myself when i first glanced at the party flyer. And then, i had little time to read through the website about cervical cancer. I was stunned!
It's like almost 200 new cases diagnosed every year in Singapore. So means, you or I can get infected Cervical Cancer anytime, anywhere regardless of age, blood type, lifestyle, genre or anything. Cervical Cancer can happen to anyone and it can kill!!!!!! Good God, so what the hell is Cervical Cancer?
Here you go!
Cervical cancer is a disease that affects the cervix in the female reproductive system. The cervix is about 2 inches length is the lower portion of the uterus that connects the upper vagina to the uterus. During childbirth, the cervix dilates, allowing the baby to travel from the uterus to the vagina.
Cervical cancer begins in cells on the surface of the cervix. Over time, the cervical cancer can invade more deeply into the cervix and nearby tissues. The cancer cells can spread by breaking away from the original (primary) tumor. They enter blood vessels or lymph vessels, which branch into all the tissues of the body. The cancer cells may attach to other tissues and grow to form new tumors that may damage those tissues. The spread of cancer is called metastasis.
Cut it short, see the photo:
and here how the cervical cancer looks at different stages.
Ever wonder why we women have this kind of cancer while men don't? Because men dont have vagina, as simple as that. But look, here are some serious factors and causes of cervical cancer that you to seriously think about:
1. HPV (Human Papillomavirus) a group of viruses that can infect the cervix. These viruses are passed from person to person through sexual contact. Most adults have been infected with HPV at some time in their lives. So tell me if you would never have sex in your life? Not possible!
2. Lack of regular Pap tests: Cervical cancer is more common among women who don't have regular Pap tests. The Pap test helps doctors find abnormal cells.
3. Smoking: Among women who are infected with HPV, smoking cigarettes slightly increases the risk of cervical cancer.
4. Weakened immune system (the body's natural defense system): Infection with HIV (the virus that causes AIDS) or taking drugs that suppress the immune system increases the risk of cervical cancer.
5. Sexual history. Women who have had many sexual partners OR a woman who has had sex with a man who has had many sexual partners may be at higher risk of developing cervical cancer. So what you need to do? Say "Condom"! :D
6. Using birth control pills for a long time: Using birth control pills for a long time (5 or more years) may slightly increase the risk of cervical cancer among women with HPV infection. However, the risk decreases quickly when women stop using birth control pills.
7. Having many children: Studies suggest that giving birth to many children (5 or more) may slightly increase the risk of cervical cancer among women with HPV infection.
So many factors -_- So how a person knows whether she is infected by Cervical Cancer? Simple!
There are few early stage symptoms of Cervical Cancer for you to discover:
* abnormal vaginal bleeding, including post-coital bleeding
* pain during sexual intercourse, however this can be common and unrelated to cervical cancer
* pelvic pain
* heavy vaginal discharge
I you ever have such symptoms, do consult the doctor near you for advice. For now, i think the best way is to visit Power Over Cervical Cancer to find out more infos. You can either read the information in the website or give them a call for any advice.
Do not forget to PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT there!
Pledge your support for this cause and protect those you care about by telling them about Cervical Cancer. Together, we have POWER Over Cervical Cancer. Click the button below to begin!
I found this campaign really useful to all women and it transformed me from a woman knows nut about Cervical Cancer to one who can speak to you as good as an expert *ehem*. So what stops you from joining the group????
Click LIKE at their Facebook link! or follow them on Twitter!
One funny photo i happened to find it on the net. Cute :D
and one last camwhore pic I purposely put on the make-up, dress-up with camera and light just to support this campaign! See! I'm so good supporter :p