Happy Tuesday everyone!
It has been a week since I came back Singapore but my mind and heart are still with Dubai. The vibrant city, beautiful architecture, blue sky, turquoise water and great food, there isn't anything about Dubai that I don't like except for...the heat. But no matter how hot it is, I know I will still be happy to visit this city again and again whenever I have chance. Thank to my friend who arranged everything so perfectly for me and took me to visit the most luxurious and famous places in Dubai. I had breakfast at Burj Al Arab hotel, the only 7 star hotel in the world, visited Jumeirah beach and went shopping Souk Madinat Jumeirah market. It was truly enjoyable and memorable trip.
I'm editing 400 photos from this trip and I can't wait to share them with you. Meanwhile, take a look at what I wore in Dubai.
Surprisingly enough, I didn't have to buy any cloth when I was there and I knew that I was worried too much. I could, literally dress up like how I normally do except for NO midriff tops, no low plunging necklines, no low rise jeans or mini-skirts. I didn't want to be too sexy when traveling anyway so that wasn't an issue. But I believe, there will be many people (perhaps) like me who are first time Dubai-visitors and wondering about traveling attires, so some tips below would be helpful for you:
What can you wear in public:
1. Short/ long sleeves shirts, T-shirts. Choose the one with linen or cotton material as they are cool and absorbent, perfect for hot weather.
2. Knee-length shorts or skirts.
3. Sleeves dresses. I bought 3 dresses. 2 casual dresses for daytime out and about and 1 for dinner at fine dining restaurant that required formal dress code.
4. Jeans, pants.
5. Maxi skirts or dresses.
6. Normal bikinis (only in the swimming pool and beach area).
What you shouldn't wear in public:
1. Tank tops, spaghetti straps, singlets.
2. Midriff tops, plunging necklines, bare back, see though clothing.
3. Mini skirts or shorts.
4. Tight dresses
5. Low rise jeans.
6. Anything that shows your cleavage, bellybutton and too much skin.
Hope this helps a little with your planning and packing for Dubai. If you still not sure what you want to wear, get my look here:
Thank you so much for reading!