Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

3/recent posts

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Dark or Light Style



Slider Widget


Looking for something?

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

About Me
CrystalPhuong.net is a Personal Style & Travel Blog based in Singapore, written by Crystal Phuong. The blog was nominated FOUR times in Top 10 Best Fashion Blogs in the annual Singapore Blog Award from 2012- 2015, voted as one of the Best Lifestyle Blogs in Singapore in 2013 by Hotelclub.com, and Best Travel Blogs in 2016 by Foodpanda.com. Crystal hopes to connect and inspire young women to lead a healthy and happy life. Be confident, be positive, and be kind.


I have no ideas what to blog about even though there are so many things happening to me right now. A big change is all I can say. I'm still so sad for leaving all my students and friends in Malaysia...I need to take sometimes to get used to a new life from now.

I left Malaysia at 3pm in the afternoon on 14th April. I was supposed to reach Singapore at 8pm but there was an unexpected event happened. I was kept by the immigration officer in Johor for 45 minutes. Not because of I was wearing heavy makeup with sexy clothes (i was still sick by the way). I was questioned for being overstayed (one day) in Malaysia. On my passport, it stated the last day I could stay in Malaysia was April 14th. I thought If I leave Malaysia on April 14th, I should be fine.  Had I known that I would reach Johor Baru (JB) custom at 12.30am on April 15th ( I left at Kula Lumpur at 4pm approximately and it took 8 hours to reach JB, I would have left on April 13th. Technically, by April 15th 12.30am, I was still in Malaysia and that was a problem. The immigration officer named Faroug told me so. The consequence? "You could be in jail," he said.  No one, even the most experienced traveler, could stay calm when he was told that he could be in jail for offending the law. I was freak out. Perhaps, he saw how terrified I looked, he offered an easy way out. RM100 (USD25) cash penalty and it solved the jail sentence like a magic trick. Faroug was kind enough to help me catch the next bus to Singapore.

While sitting on the bus, I still couldn't believe what just happened and how easy it was for me to get out of a dark night. I reached Singapore around 10.30pm. Starving and exhausted. A kind gentleman, who could potentially be my boss if I passed an interview with his partner the next morning,  was waiting for me at the bus station. He asked me to come to Singapore for an interview and waited for more than 1 hour at the bus stop. He arranged a nice the hotel for me to stay,  bought me a yummy frog porridge and cold crab for supper. This was the first time I tried a cold-crab and they tasted so delicious.

This is my hotel room 

Besides missing Malaysia, everything is fine with me so far. I can't wait to go back to Vietnam and see my parents tomorrow after I finish the interview. I'm going to stay in Vietnam for 3 weeks and if I get this job that I'm going to interview for tomorrow, I'll start my new life in Singapore. Otherwise, I'll figure out something else. I don't know what yet, but we shall see! Good night!
Share This Post :

You Might Also Like

[name=Crystal Phuong] [img=https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2rX6quipNhI/XFfam4j35qI/AAAAAAAADZ0/AFDn5ZbYgqYT6sRbDXwMStFHz5PPDHFMgCK4BGAYYCw/w345-h245-c/Crystal-Phuong] [description=Singapore Travel & Lifestyle Blogger, hoping to connect and inspire young women to lead a healthy and happy life] (facebook=https://facebook.com/crystalphuong) (twitter=https://twitter.com/ncrystalicious) (instagram=https://instagram.com/crystalphuong)